Thursday, 10 September 2015

'LAST TIP'

Pretty ordinary night's tipping by me but in all seriousness how could you have picked Stan to not drop a set to a guy who has been serving bombs all tournament ? As far as the Federer/ Gasquet match was concerned well 'Reeshard' has been playing bloody good tennis so my tip of a set to the Frenchman I considered not that silly. 
Rog was not interested in giving him anything and in fact he only gave him seven games. Stan himself only lost nine.
Rather happy that Halep beat the screamer as a lot of people I am sure would have been equally as pleased. Not quite sure why Azarenka was the favourite in that match. Kvitova was a surprise loss but Vinci has been playing red hot tennis lately so perhaps the upset was on for the taking. So to my final tipping for the tournament where I have got more right than wrong but still haven't nailed it to a tee just yet.
I am tipping Roger to get through over Stan but this match may go to five sets as Stan is red hot at the moment as is Rog but the old man may just have an extra trick up his sleeve. I don't believe that Cilic can win more than a set from Novak so I will tip just that, Novak in four sets.
I would love to see Roger win this year's US Open and for that reason alone I am tipping Roger to win the final, if he gets there, in four sets. If Stan does make it through then I am sure he will bother Novak just as much as he did at the French Open. That would be a tough final to tip.
As far as the women are concerned I would love to see Halep win this year and I think she will at least get to the final by beating Pennetta but winning against Serena is a totally different ball game. In saying that I think that if she plays well she may just put some doubt into William's mind and playing for the final leg of a Grand Slam will always heap huge pressure on a player. Halep in three to ruin the party.
That's it for my tipping, over and out......

No comments:

Post a Comment