Tuesday, 22 November 2016

'THANKS GUYS'

As always a big shout out and a sincere thank you to the usual suspects who tune into my site, you inspire me to keep writing. You give my site credibility by tuning in as without your regular views I would probably pack it all up and start one of those Mickey Mouse pages that most of the new breed of 'tennis coach' own.
If you haven't already read my previous pages I recently quit the ATPCA due to their inability to control who joins their organisation as Tennis Australia 'coaches' who receive funding from TA are in fact allowed to join the ATPCA.
I love the way that certain 'Zen Masters' of the sport have to belong to certain organisations so they are kept up to date 'with the latest coaching methods'.
If you are a good tennis coach you need nothing except your knowledge that you have acquired over the course of your playing and coaching career as one thing is certain in tennis, you only get smarter. 
The only reason I was a member of the ATPCA was because I liked the idea of distancing myself from Tennis Australia, not because I was interested in their views on the 'latest methods'.
Back when I joined the ATPCA the entire Industry owned a lot more moral fibre than what it does today. Now days you can join certain organisations over the phone or through email without so much as a hint of loyalty or at least passing a playing test yourself, classic.
Donald Duck could pass a Tennis Coaching Course in Australia......

No comments:

Post a Comment