Sunday 1 July 2018

'JOHANNA KONTA ( GET OVER IT PRINCESS )'

     
( Simon Briggs, THE TELEGRAPH )British No 1 Johanna Konta followed Serena Williams ’ lead as she expressed her dislike of the anti-doping requirements in elite tennis.
After Williams was recently revealed to have complained to USADA about “invasive and targeted treatment,” Konta said that she felt “hard done by” after a mix-up with UK Anti-doping left her with a missed test on her record.
“It's important to have integrity in this sport,” Konta told reporters at Wimbledon, “but I do feel there's definitely room for improvement in the way athletes are sometimes treated.
“It's quite a violating process: People come to your home. You're in your pyjamas. You get woken out of bed, told to take down your pants, give your arm, pee in a cup. It's an invasive process. It's something that comes with the territory, but I don't think it's something I will miss when I retire.”

COMMENT


That was British No 1 Johanna Konta's take on anti- doping requirements.
I get up around 5 am, go to work  in a 'real job' for around $25 per hour. I don't complain too much.
For Johanna's wage, I would be happy to 'pee in a cup' bright and early.....
Get over it Princess...…..

No comments:

Post a Comment