Wednesday 29 April 2015

'FOUND IT'

Had lost that shot, my favorite shot when I was a kid, the double handed backhand, a shot that I learned to hit by simply watching Borg and Wilander, no one really taught me how to hit it. Sometimes I think it's possible to learn by just watching, then getting out on court with an idea in mind and simply following the thought process.
I lost this shot years ago due to coaching where it was simply easier to just slice it back as most lessons are taught by hitting with the same grip, the old school shake hands grip. 
I am slowly but surely getting the old game back, a test as we get older but a test that is worth the effort. I watched a clip of Mats hitting the other day as a 50 year old, ripping his famous two hander, inspiring.......

No comments:

Post a Comment