Saturday 30 May 2015

'REKN I GOT THIS NEXT ROUND'

Just as the title suggests, let's have a crack at the Mens Fourth Round matches in Paris. Only Novak is safe I believe, the rest have their work cut out to make the Quarter Finals.
In the bottom half Roger takes on Monfils, tough one to pick considering Gael belted Roger on clay in last year's Davis Cup Final but I am leaning toward Federer in 4 sets.
Roger's mate Stan should get the job done against Simon in 4 or 5 sets but only due to the length of the match between Simon and Mahut that went the distance. I don't believe that Simon will have enough gas left in the tank to wear Stan out who had a straight sets win in his last match.
Tsonga seems to have regained his old form but getting past Berdych will be a tough assignment as Thomas doesn't mind playing guys seeded below him, he simply struggles against the players in front of him. Still a tough one to work out though as the Czech has every shot in the book, he obviously just lacks self belief.
Gabashvili is playing well but doesn't have the consistency of Nishikori though this match could go the distance. Kei in 4, maybe 5 but he will be fresh as he did not hit a ball in making the last 16. Benjamin Becker played ten sets and around nine hours worth of tennis in his first two matches. He was obviously physically spent so he took his big pay cheque and took a flight home.
Cilic is back in form and is playing well but has either Bolelli or the old war horse Ferrer in the next round, two clay court experts. In saying that though I don't think it matters who he plays, I believe he will make the quarters.
Nadal is going ok and should make it to the last 16 where he will meet either Coric or Sock, I am picking the latter in a long match. I don't believe either player will bother Rafa in the last 16.
So that leaves Novak up against either Anderson or Gasquet but I think the Frenchman will just sneak through leaving himself as cannon fodder for the Serb. I still can't see anyone touching Novak this year except for maybe an injury.
It's a tough draw in the top half but I believe Novak will get through and play either Roger or Stan in the final. My tipping of late has not been the best but we will see how these go. I can only improve.........
Sorry I forgot about Andy, he's playing well but Chardy will test him, Andy in 4 sets to meet Cilic in the quarters.
In Mens Doubles I will go for a slight upset and pick two teams who I believe can defy their ranking.
Jean-Julian Rojer and Horacio Tecau are seeded five and haven't dropped a set as of yet, these guys can play dubs. They look like meeting the number two seeds Pospisil and Sock in the quarters. I am leaning towards an upset then a semi against Dodig and Melo who may just sneak past Peya and Soares.
I believe the bottom half may just produce this year's Mens Doubles Champions. Rojer/Tecau or Dodig and Melo. Tough to pick mens dubs, like a chook raffle......

No comments:

Post a Comment