Sunday 14 September 2014

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG'

 This was the first thing I put on this site one year ago...Saturday, 14 September 2013


Introduction

I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT I NOT ONLY TEACH THE GAME OF TENNIS PROFESSIONALLY, BUT ALSO MAKE IT AFFORDABLE .
SMALL GROUPS ARE THE KEY TO FAST TRACK IMPROVEMENT IN A GAME THAT CONTINUES TO EVOLVE .
I RECOMMEND TO ALL STUDENTS THAT THE EMPHASIS WHILE LEARNING NEEDS TO BE ON TECHNIQUE , NOT THE AMOUNT OF BALLS HIT PER SESSION.
HITTING A THOUSAND TENNIS BALLS PER DAY WILL NOT NECESSARILY MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER , HOWEVER IF YOU HIT THEM TECHNICALLY CORRECT THEN IMPROVEMENT IS GUARANTEED ...........


I thought this was a pretty good start as I heard many things from many students who had been to many different coaches. Most of them however said that they simply just 'hit balls'.
That's where the bad habits start and can be very hard to fix later on especially if a student simply hits with no correction or direction.
I don't apologize for knocking 'coaches' who don't do what they are paid ridiculous amounts of money for per hour as many of them are 'imposters' with a piece of paper that states they are a 'Tennis Coach'.
It takes years to become a good player, many more years to become a great player. It takes not only years to become a good coach of the game but many, many years to gain the knowledge required to implement changes to someone's game with a positive effect.
Somewhere along the course of this site I was side tracked as my frustrations regarding the above mentioned 'coaches' boiled over and I got stuck into the whole process . I in fact upset some people to the point where I received not only comments but letters complaining I was being 'too harsh' on individuals. 
I find that rather humerous.
Tennis is a big Business , no doubt about it but for some reason in this country we are simply not over flowing with superstars  that other nations are. So is it simply a Business ?? 
I don't believe that unless a 'real' tennis coach has either played at a high level, seen it played at a high level or learned under an experienced mentor that they have the right to charge more than $40 per hour. Yet we see regularly that the average cost now is around $70 an hour , some charge more. Some actually are worth it though as I have seen the ability of 'real' Coaches both in Australia and Europe operate. Quite simply these higher credentialed and experienced Coaches are brilliant at teaching the game.
The problem is that quite often the consumer has not seen anyone else but their local 'coach' and this is why I will always say. "Don't just take my word for it, when you go to the City pay extra and gain as many opinions as you can on the game of tennis". It's a sport that requires as many ideas as you can possibly gain when first learning, after all does one person know everything ?
Make your 'coach' accountable for their price and don't just take their word as gospel unless of course you are beating all before you with ease.
I understand why some 'coaches' hate this site but I won't be changing the content in the near future. Tennis is more than just a sport where you get the ball over the net, it's a sport where your mind needs to get the ball not only over the net but where your opponent doesn't want it.
Now that requires a smart Tennis Coach to teach it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment